Thursday, July 1, 2010

Running in the Rain

While I am thinking of it, here is my address for anyone that feels so inclined to send me snail mail...i would very much love it!
Morissa Pertik
Casilla 17-08-8624
Quito, Ecuador
I only have about...a month left in this town until I move to my site, so if you are going to write you better get to writing friends!! :)
Anyway, today is a rainy day. I ran here from class in the pouring down rain, it was fun. Everyone was in the streets, dodging cars and running as fast as they could. These past couple days have been....quite boring. We have too much Spanish class, it reminds me of college all over again and I am not enjoying the grammar part of it at all. But, I am speaking better so I guess its paying off. I am in a class with four other Americans. At first everyone was shy and didn´t want to talk with eachother, but now that we spend almost all our time together we have become pretty good friends. Two days ago we made up a Spanish version of ¨I Want it That Way¨ by the Backstreet Boys and performed it in front of 50 people...it was fun.
Tomorrow we are going on some sort of adventure. It cost 15 dollars, which is really expensive, so I hope its fun! I will let you know.
Overall, I´m feeling pretty good. Sometimes I get really frusterated with things, but everything always seems to turn around somehow and I find myself laughing or having fun. We find out our site placement on July 16th, so in two weeks I will know where I will be living for two years....cross your fingers its a beautiful hut on the beach.......ha ha, yeah right.
Anyway- much love!

1 comment:

  1. i just saw the backstreet boys perform that very song at PRIDE in SF!! i'm loving reading this blog. i can't believe you saw horse intestines falling out of it after being hit by a bull. crazy. and gross.
    miss you. te quiero.

    ReplyDelete